Saturday, June 29, 2013

Thing 21: Online Image Generators

Today, I tried out some online image generators. I want to ask my teacher, "What are you doing to me?"  I could have played with this all day.  Out of all the online image generators, I like Image Chef  the best.  It was easy to use and there were many different tools that I was able to use.  Image Chef gives the option of using a sketch pad, creating a timeline cover for Facebook, a poetry blender, a word mosaic or a poetry blender.  

Image Chef could be a great tool for teachers because, let's face it, students respond to visuals.  The more aesthetically pleasing the visual, the better they will respond.  Teachers can use this site to create images to use on their teacher websites or in presentations in order to engage students.  


This could be used as a cover photo on the Facebook page for an elementary library. 



Children and teenagers respond to visuals more than text.  Librarians could post this to Facebook or Twitter and students would be more likely to remember this piece of news.  




No comments:

Post a Comment