Saturday, June 29, 2013

Thing 20: Recess

During this "recess,"  I decided to explore Shelfari a little further. Shelfari allows users to make a "Best of.." list, so I made a "Best of YA list."We are starting a Silent Sustained Reading program this year at Dickinson High School and I am hoping to share these recommendations with teachers. I am also including my reasoning behind adding each book.  So far, I have added these books to the list....

1. The Harry Potter series
2. The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series
3.The Hunger Games trilogy
4. Before I Fall
5.  An Abundance of Katherines
6. The Fault in Our Stars
7. Looking for Alaska
8. Dreamland
9. The Chronicles of Narnia 
10. Holes 
11. Nineteen Minutes
12. Percy Jackson and the Olympians series
13. The Heroes of Olympus series
14. The Perks of Being a Wallflower
15. Between Shades of Gray
16. A Wrinkle in Time 
17. Just Listen

There are many more I am going to add but, in the meantime, everyone should give these a read!  You can see my list here.  



No comments:

Post a Comment