Friday, June 28, 2013

Thing 16: Video sharing

Using YouTube, I found several videos about librarians and libraries. I liked this one called  "Librarians in Fashion" a lot.  I thought it may be used as an icebreaker or introduction at a professional development for librarians.  While it's funny, it's also trued. The face of the stereotypical librarian is changing to reflect our culture and we don't all wear glasses, pencil skirts, and cardigans every day.  (Although I do like pencil skirts and cardigans).


2 comments:

  1. Isn't it funny how history has portrayed librarians? I still get guys commenting when I say I used to work at a library or want to be a librarian. No glasses anymore, and although I like pencil skirts, too, I mainly wear slacks to work. What about the male librarians? This is a great video, Faith! Adding it to my favorites on YouTube.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely like this video Faith! As usual, YOU ROCK! :)

    ReplyDelete