Friday, June 28, 2013

Thing 18: Shelfari

Shelfari is Amazon's way for us reading geeks to build shelves we've read, we want to read or that we're reading. Shelfari also allows users to like their accounts to Twitter and Facebook, which then makes their shelves and reviews more visible to friends.  Shelfari and Goodreads are the ultimate book recommendation tools.  Librarians and teachers could introduce these to students in order to have students recommend books that they have read to each other.  Middle grade and high school students will like using these book recommendation tools because they can easily comment on each others' reviews and they will be able to get reviews from their peers.

I have been using Goodreads for a while now, but I built a Shelfari shelf tonight.  On it, I included the book I am currently reading and the next five books I plan to read.  I was happy to be introduced to Shelfari because I use Amazon to quite a bit to purchase books. Since Shelfari is linked to Amazon, it will help me decide on which books to purchase.  :)



This is my shelf!  

No comments:

Post a Comment